Ultimate Football Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Football Fans

The Ultimate Football Fans Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Liverpool F.C. Official Thread

Go down 
+7
Skorpio
mirko
teee
Alique
ahmad193
alfio_87
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:54 am

i stand by my assessment. You cant start with Benayon when you have Babel in any game, never you mind a CL Semi final. You cant stick with Kuyt when he'd been a virtual spectator all game, you cant leave Crouch on bench when you need goals.

Yes we've been unlucky with injuries or what have you, but you can see Rafa's performance was shocking. How can we expect to win a CL or EPL with players like Arbeola, Riise, Benayon, Veronin, Finnan and Kuyt? Someone call the fat fucker to tell him Benayon isnt a fucking winger, Riise cant fuckin defend, Gerrard is better in midfield than a 2nd striker, someone tell him we cant go on playing 4-2-1-3 every friggin game with players mainly out of position. The way he's handled Babel this season has been disgusting, the kid should start and finish every game and has been scoring after coming off the bench- if that had been another player he'd have started him in virtually every game, like he does with kuyt. If i was Babel i would submit my transfer request by the end of the season, nothing feels worse than a manager who appears to have no trust in your ability whatsoever.

yes i see some progress, but i think i now have a much better understanding of Rafa; out of 10 games he will outsmart his apponents 4 times and ride his luck in the next 6. He was going for a draw all along.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

Male Number of posts : 2010
Club/s : Liverpool
Player/s : Zidane, Gerrard, Reina, Torres, Del Piero
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:37 pm

- babel has been a supersub throughout our CL campagin. dont ask me why, im guessing because he's either not fully fit, or that rafa thinks he can use his explosive pace better when he comes in midway throught the game. remember some games where babel starts buy hardly does anything, because the other team are still fresh and fit.

- crouch sucks against chelsea.. ive noticed that rafa hardly plays him against chelsea, buy ALWAYS has him playing against arsenal.. for some reason, he plays better against arsenal.

and another thing.. crouch might be on his way out.. so.. too bad

i agree with you teee.... " but you can see Rafa's performance was shocking.
How can we expect to win a CL or EPL with players like Arbeola, Riise,
Benayon, Veronin, Finnan and Kuyt? "

arbeloa is our fiannan backup... so we need a proper RB like the brazilian overpriced shit in seville.

Riise ... i dont know what happened to him this season, i guess he really isnt a LB.. he's more of an attacking Left Midfielder.

Benayon.. i dont know why the hell we got him.. hes a good player, but not world class.. he manages to pull off one or two good moves, but after that he dies down.

Voronin= we got for free ... so i cant complain... even if we sell him for 10,000 and buy some new balls and shoes for the players. its fine by me.. and its not like he ever started in important game..

but the bottom line is.... we didnt have the money for the likes of dani alves and co.

so we buy the next best things.

hopefully DIC buy out the yanks.. and we can get some very good players.

one thing is sure.. we already started with a good basis.. agger and skertl

we need a RB and LB now

then carra and hyypia can sit back and just play as replacements..

i must admit teeee .. injuries fucked us this season.

imagina if aurelio was playing.. i dont think drogba would score a single goal against us if we had aurelio and skertl.

chin up man... chin up

we'll only get better now.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Wholesale operation is needed. You have to mention the departure of his assistant and the situation in the boardroom as well as the couple of injuries we've had.. but nothing justifies Benayon starting ahead of Babel. I can never accept that.

Insua is a good left back, why doesn't he use him? Aurelio gets injured every season and if Rafa had the slightest clue he should know that Riise isnt a left back- so why force him to be 1?

Gerrard shouldnt play as a second striker, yes he scored 20 plus goals, but he also did that when he was a midfielder. Anderson was bought from Hull and loaned out for the whole season, we have a few young strikers from the reserves and i cant see thm getting a chance with only 1 spot available for a striker. Plessis showed his quality and yet i cant see Rafa trusting him enough to play him more regular.

We all know he wont get the money he needs to compete with Man U and chelsea, but unlike Wenger, Rafa seems to have a problem with trusting his younger players.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 5:18 pm

maybe we'll see more of them next season.. we have a long summer break.. and playing the euros.. i hope we buy whoever we need before their prices go up

nemeth.. anderson.. plessis.. lucas .. all these players need to start in our first team by next season, if rafa think they are good enough to win games....

especially against the top clubs.. we seem to either draw to lose against the top 3
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:28 am

teee .. look at it this way

if riise didnt fuck it up

we would be in the final

both teams are VERY CLOSE in quality

the difference was riise's own goal

plus aurelio and skertl getting injured didnt help

and the blind eye the ref gave to terry's hand ball ..

and to drogba's tackle on gerrard that nearly broke his ankle.. went un noticed.

bottom line ... sometimes things dont go your way

a bad ref and some bad luck fucks it up

i'll wait and see what happens with the yanks and DIC .. and who we buy

if DIC own us .. u know for sure that sheikh mohammed is gonna give rafa everything he needs.. and backs him up 100%

unlike those idiots .. who destabilized the club in the middle of the season!
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:14 am

Problem with us is we dont really spend the amounts Man Utd and chelsea spend yet we expect liverpool to challenge every year. We need QUALITY Right/Left backs, a world class winger and another quality striker.

sell alonso (10 mill), veronin, arbeloa (2 mill), kuyt (5 mill), Benayon (3 mill) and if we cant keep crouch then cash in (7 mill). get a right back and a left back for 10 mill each, get the board to come up with 20 million to spend on a striker and a promising winger from europe.

sack the back-stabbing Yahudi Rick Perry and hire someone else who can generate more revenue for the club.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:52 am

lol .. i didnt know rick was yahudi ;p

either way .. his days are numbered to be honest.. hicks was right about him .. he's a disaster and a waste of time and money.

im expecting a DIC takeover .. hicks is a fuckin joke..

I like your prices ... not sure that benayoun will sell for 3 to be honest .. and alonso for 10 mill? i dont think anyone will pay that much.

but we'll see... either way .. i like your numbers.. and i think the players you mentioned deserve the boot.. but my guess is, kuyt and alosno wont leave (rafa wont sell them) :s

its gonna get interesting now .... the transfers .. the ownership battle is going to full force

expect a lot of changed at the club
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:17 am

Insua To Rafa: Put Me In Coach!

Liverpool prospect
Emiliano Insua is hoping to get more chances to impress in the last
remaining games of the season considering that Champions League
football next season is all but assured for the Merseyside club.

The 19-year-old Argentine left-back, who was voted reserve team player
of the season last year, got a rare run-out with the first-team when
coming on as a sub in the 2-2 draw against Birmingham last weekend, and
now he is hungry for more big league action.

"The reserves have
done very well this season and we have won our league so all the
players in the team have a lot of confidence because of that,” said the
ex Boca Juniors star.

"Quite a few new players were brought in last summer and we have improved a lot since then.

"My aim is always the same – to play in the first team.

"There are a lot of great players at Liverpool but my job is to show that I can play with them.

"To
do that I have to work hard in training and in games and when I get a
chance to play in the first team – like against Birmingham – I have to
make sure that I am ready.

"[Damien] Plessis played really well when he was picked against Arsenal and he also did well against Birmingham.

"When
he made his debut against Arsenal all of his team-mates in the reserve
team were pleased for him, especially as he played so well.

"It
also gave us hope because it showed that if you do well in the reserve
team you have a chance of playing for the first team."

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think of him teeee? is he our future LB?
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:02 pm

i saw him come in against Birmingham last weekend- i was IMPRESSED. He's full of energy and likes to go up. At 19 the sky is the limit for him.

as for my prices.. i shud apply for Ricks position.. u'll see how far id take the club Shocked
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 5:58 pm

parry is the george bush of chief executives

looking forward for tomorrow's game .. im sure rafa's gonna play a lot of the reserve players .. no use in having the first eleven start, the season is over and 4th place is sealed.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:43 pm

did you see Insua? looks comfortable with the ball. I say we should monitor the situation with Barca closely- they'll sell half their team and we should snap a couple
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:24 pm

way ahead of you bro ;p apartenly, we are linked with Abidal .. a possible riise swap?

who knows

one things for sure ... insua deserves more games next season

and we need a proper LB to cover for the months that aurelio gets injured.

i dont want another semi final with a shitty defence that throws everything away.

liverpool should have the strongest defence in the leage!

im sure rafa is building on that philosophy
Back to top Go down
thedude
bench warmer
bench warmer
thedude

Male Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Man Liverpool arent even close to having the best defence in the league.

I wouldnt even put them 2nd.

Utd are the best.
Rio and Vidic are top class together, Evra is the best LB in the world (no bias, his show against Messi was amazing and day in and day out he's awesome). Then there Brown who seems to be a great back up in every postion. Heck, we didnt even have our captain for 9/10 of the season! Then you look down into the prospects, and Pique looks very solid, as does Evans. The only knock on Utds D is they dont really have a natural RB after Neville.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:12 am

playing without neville isnt exactly an obstacle... neville is a 33 year old right back. put any young defender with pace in that position and you're pretty much covered.
if you won the league without ronaldo for 9/10 of the season. THEN i WOULD be very impressed with the team.

anyway.. ofcoarse this year has been manU's team.. but i was talking about last year, we managed to get the most clean sheets and reina got a couple of awards for the number of clean sheets.

agger was truly missed ... hopefully he'll be fit for next season, along with skertl who has really won me over, i was a big skeptic at the beginning, but the way he handled drogba in the semi's ... i have to tip my hat for him.

so with agger and skertl at the back.. we have the basis of a young and solid defence that can mature and gel with each other..

throw abidal/insua (aurelio) .. and maybe rafinha/arbeloa on right back.. thats pretty good.

the season is almost over .. cant wait to see who we get.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:29 am

Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 BarryPA0504_468x311

it feels more and more like he's gonna sign

but at what cost???

i dont want to lose alonso!

where is barry gonna play ... and formation does rafa have in mind..

unless its on the left, where babel/benayoun play... in which case i say OK.. thats fine. as long as you give babel an equal chance.

i dont know guys... the puzzle just doesnt make sense.. its not clear what he's building
Back to top Go down
thedude
bench warmer
bench warmer
thedude

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:18 pm

-------------------Torres------------------

-----------------Gerrard------------------
Babel---------------------------Kuyt-------
-------------Barry-------Mascherano----

I dont recall if Babel plays LW or RW either way, Liverpool need to improve the wing and if they lose Alonso, they need to find another CM.

Barry will cost upwards of 14 million quid.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Yes Evra has been a very good and consistent player, but most people thought he couldn't contain Messi, infact, he ran the show- especially at old trafford- non of the United players could touch him.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:31 pm

i don't think Barca would even think about Riise so stop dreaming! I don't even think they'll be looking to get rid of Abidal but he's worth a solid bid of 10-15 mill. I have to say its a wild one. Apparantly Rafa already signed a Left or Right back a few weeks ago.. Rumour has it he signed on a bosman- Veronin comes to mind here- i hope he's not as terrible.

I want world class right/left back, a world class winger and a good striker. Lehm's refusing to sign a new contract with Byern Munich 12-15 mill would bring him to Anfield, Abidal is my next choice.. I'm not too sure about Rafinha to be honest.. and i don't want to see Arbeloa starting an important game for us again.

Barry would cost about 15 million, mainly because he's english, the advantage of having him is, he's been playing left back until a couple of seasons ago when O'neil took over. So he could solve our problems there when needed.

Maxi would cost about 12-15 mill, He will prove a very very good signing for us, i can see him causing Evra or Clichy problems. Others may prove too expensive.. Porto, it seems, still insist on pricing Quarisma out the market.. I don't know how shrewed Benitez is, but i would make a bid for Reyes as he's barely starting a game for Athletico.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:40 pm

ahmad193 wrote:

it feels more and more like he's gonna sign

but at what cost???

i dont want to lose alonso!

where is barry gonna play ... and formation does rafa have in mind..

unless its on the left, where babel/benayoun play... in which case i say OK.. thats fine. as long as you give babel an equal chance.

i dont know guys... the puzzle just doesnt make sense.. its not clear what he's building

its simple - if rafa decides to play his current favourite 4-2-1-3 formation then Barry will be a holding midfielder with either Mascherano or Lucas (assuming Alonso will be on his way out)-

in a 4-4-2 he could play in the middle with Gerrard or with mascherano should Gerrard be used as a second striker.

In a 4-3-3 he could be used on the left side of the midfield with Gerrard and Mascherano. I think Rafa will try 4-3-3 more next season.
Back to top Go down
thedude
bench warmer
bench warmer
thedude

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:14 pm

teee wrote:
Yes Evra has been a very good and consistent player, but most people thought he couldn't contain Messi, infact, he ran the show- especially at old trafford- non of the United players could touch him.

Did Messi score? Did Barca score?

Glory Glory Man Utd
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:12 pm

he cant do everything himself.. but he did run circles around evra, thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:29 am

Man U fans.. blind as ever
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:04 pm

LoL

well... he can get away with it if they win the double
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:18 pm

hope their planes crash on the way 2 moscow
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:48 pm

LoL .. not another munich

that was harsh ;p

but to be fair .. i hope ronaldo trips and breaks his nose and develops some cross eyed syndrome where he can never see where the goal is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool F.C. Official Thread   Liverpool F.C. Official Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liverpool F.C. Official Thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next