Ultimate Football Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Football Fans

The Ultimate Football Fans Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWS

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

Male Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2007-09-25

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:58 pm

SOURCE: GOAL.COM

Basile Selects Riquelme In Argentina Squad

Alfio Basile, the manager of the Argentine national team, has selected playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme in his squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers, despite the fact that the player has not seen any action with Villarreal this season

Basile, who is a big fan of Riquelme, told reporters that the gifted midfielder is an important player of his squad, after an outstanding Copa America, where he played a key role as Argentina reached the final, where they lost 3-0 against bitter rivals Brazil.
The manager also selected 19 other players for their World Cup qualifiers against Chile and Venezuela, that will be played in mid-October.
Basile will complete the remainder of his squad on the 7th of October, where he will select his home based players, after the 13th round of the Argentine Apertura Championship.
Despite the fact that Riquelme has been inactive this season, after previous clashes with Villarreal manager Manuel Pellegrini, Basile affirmed that the player should be in good form just in time for the two matches.
Argentina World Cup Qualifiers Squad
Goalkeepers:
Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe), Oscar Ustari (Getafe).
Defenders:
Daniel Diaz (Getafe), Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid), Gabriel Milito (Barcelona), Javier Zanetti (Inter Milan), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo La Coruna), Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich), Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan).
Midfielders:
Esteban Cambiasso (Inter Milan), Maxi Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Jonas Gutierrez (Mallorca), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Federico Insua (Club America), Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal).
Strikers:
Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Javier Saviola (Real Madrid), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Carlos Tevez (Manchester United).
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

Male Number of posts : 2010
Club/s : Liverpool
Player/s : Zidane, Gerrard, Reina, Torres, Del Piero
Registration date : 2007-07-29

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 pm

under a good manager.. theyd have the best striking force in the world...

look at them.. theyre all wonderkids!!
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:34 pm

they always have good squads, balance is really important. Argentina usually cruise qualification.. looking forward to the brasil games!!
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:22 pm

who do they have for defence? ayala is old... zanetti is old... i dont see any up and coming players
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Gabriel Heinze is taking Sorin's place and can also play CB, Gabriel Milito's solid, Javier Zanetti can operate Anywhere. Coloccini plays on the right, more known for his fizzy blonde hair than his talent but stil, he's more experienced than the other 2 whom im ashamed to say i dont know much about; Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich) scored his first argentina goal against australia in the last friendly, he's a centre back who is supposed to be similar to the Kiezer, i never seen him play. Nicolas Burdisso will always be remembered for his part in the infamous punch up during the Inter-Valencia clash, still a good player.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:38 am

true... what about midfield? whats the best formation for argentina... you cannot possible play all the strikers!

442 with

messi - tevez ?
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:26 pm

ok the formation currently used is 4-3-3

3 defensive midfielders in cambiasso, Mascherano and veron (Maxi Rodriguez "who scored that stunner goal against mexico during world cup" and F.Gago of R'Madrid also there)

then you get the 2 strikers (messi and tevez usually get the go ahead of the rest, in Crespo's absence) plus Riquelme.

so basically you get a solid defensive cover in the 3 holding midfielders, which makes Riquelme's job alot easier (less defensive responsibilities).

this formation suits argentina's uinque combative and passing style. despite everything surrounding their troubled midfielder, they all like the fact that Riquelme is their 'thinker'.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:28 pm

source: Goal.com

World Cup Qualifiers: Riquelme Braces Fires Argentina Past Chile Argentina 2-0 Chile

Juan Roman Riquelme scored two outstanding first half free-kicks to lead Argentina to a well deserved 2-0 victory over Chile at the Monumental stadium in Buenos Aires. The Argentines proved that they will be one of the teams to beat in the South American World Cup qualifiers.
NEWS 177_thumb

Argentina started very strongly, but despite their talent up front couldn't break through a strong Chilean defense early on in the match.
But in the 27th minute Argentina went ahead with a sensationally struck free-kick from playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme. Riquelme, who hasn't played at all for Villarreal in La Liga this season, proved that he still is one of the best players in the world.
Argentina looked more calm after Riquelme's goal, and began to get together their trademark swift passing as they moved forward from the midfield, with the likes of Maxi Rodriguez and Esteban Cambiasso.
In the 45th minute the Argentines were awarded another free-kick, from what also seemed to be a very long distance. Despite this Riquelme stepped up to the ball and curled in another superb effort, that once again left Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo stranded on his line.
Chile manager Marcelo Bielsa, who coached Argentina between 1998-2004, pushed his side forward in an attempt to pull a goal back during the half, but they never looked like breaking through a very disciplined Argentine defense, despite the efforts from Eduardo Rubio and Humberto Suazo.
After the break the Argentines completely dominated their opponents, and created a number of good opportunities to extend their lead, with the explosive runs from Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi, who was a constant threat both down the flanks and through the middle of the field.
Former River Plate defender Cristian Alvarez reduced Chile to ten men in the 55th minute, and from that instance it seemed to be game over, as the Argentines completely controlled their opponents in all sectors.
Chile had no answer what-so-ever, even though Bielsa's side looked a touch more dangerous after Marcelo Salas was brought on for Rubio at the beginning of the second half.
Argentina could have extended their lead moments later, with an exciting individual effort from Carlos Tevez, which finally flew over the Chile crossbar.
Alfio Basile introduced Spanish based attackers Sergio Aguero and Javier Saviola late on in the match, and both looked very lively, as the Argentines went looking for their third goal of the night.
In the end Argentina settled for a comfortable and well deserved 2-0 victory, that confirms that they will be one of the favourites to win the South American group of World Cup qualifying.
Team Line-ups
Argentina: Roberto Abbondanzieri, Javier Zanetti, Martin Demichelis, Gabriel Milito, Gabriel Heinze, Maximiliano Rodriguez(Fernando Gago 67'), Javier Mascherano, Esteban Cambiasso, Juan Roman Riquelme, Lionel Messi (Javier Saviola 83') and Carlos Tevez (Sergio Aguero 73'). Manager: Alfio Basile.
Chile:
Claudio Bravo, Waldo Ponce, Cristian Alvarez, Miguel Riffo, Gonzalo Fierro (Hugo Droguett 36'), Manuel Iturra (Claudio Maldonado 52'), Arturo Vidal, Matias Fernandez, Mark Gonzalez, Humberto Suazo and Eduardo Rubio (Marcelo Salas 46'). Manager: Marcelo Bielsa.
Goals: Juan Roman Riquelme 27' and 45'
Red Card: Cristian Alvarez 53'
Venue: Estadio Monumental de Nunez, Buenos Aires. Att: 65,000.
Gregory Sica
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:44 am

Heinze: Laporta Has No Idea What International Football Means
In
the wake of Barcelona president Joan Laporta's recent remarks about
club taking primacy over country, Real Madrid and Argentina defender
Gabriel Heinze has responded with no small measure of disagreement...

Gabriel Heinze claims that Joan Laporta, the Barcelona president, is
dead wrong in his observations regarding international football.

Laporta
has publicly asked his players to "pace themselves" while away on
national team duty and has in the past questioned the need for clubs to
subsidise players who are injured with their selections.

Heinze, of Real Madrid and Barcelona, could scarcely disagree more.

"Laporta has no idea what it's like to pull on the shirt of a country," said Heinze in a Marca interview.

"Well,
I do know what it's like. I think that - given that he doesn't - he
shouldn't discuss such things. He doesn't know how it feels."

Heinze
was part of the Argentine delegation that beat Chile 2-0 on Saturday,
Juan Roman Riquelme securing the victory with a pair of delightful free
kicks.

"I hope that [Riquelme] continues playing with us,
because he really made that encounter," gushed Heinze on the Villarreal
outcast.

"Why hasn't he played for Arsenal? Perhaps the president of the Yellows has something to do with it."

Heinze,
speaking from the albiceleste base ahead of the midweek clash with
Venezuela in their second World Cup qualifier, went on to salute Spain
for their victory in Denmark on Saturday.

"I'm glad that they won, and offer my congratulations for such an important result," he said.

Heinze arrived at the Bernabeu from Manchester United this summer. He has 42 caps for Argentina.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:20 pm

another win against Venezuela means its 2 wins out of 2. qualification is not a problem and i hope it does not give them a false sense of security because argentina need to improve against the bigger teams.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:35 pm

theyre on the right path

the only thing they miss is a good manager... and some cups

id go as far as saying that i find it SHOCKING that argentina havent won the WC

next wc... under a good manager... i think will be theirs to win
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:50 pm

i bloody hope so, i wanna see 'em lift that trophy at least once in my life time.. and im not getting any younger lol
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 3:55 pm

lol

speaking of managers... who do you think is the best manager for argentina?

cuz the way i see it ... the only thing missing from the equation is a MANAGER... someone like LIPPI.. someone like SCOLARI... winners!
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:54 pm

i would stick with the current manager for now, because argentina dont have world cup winning managers as opposed to brasil, and bringing a foreigner is an absolute no GO, and whoever comes out with the idea of a brasilian manager in charge of argentina will literally be KILLED. thats how bad the rivalry is between the two.
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:53 am

ok .. forget brazilian ( i never meant Scolari per se ) .. i meant someone LIKE HIM

someone GOOD like him.. lippi... guus.. etc

but as u wish.. u know more about the team than i do.. so i guess the current manager is doing OK
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:12 pm

whoever comes in will have to be argentinian..
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Argentinean
teenage sensation Gerardo Bruna has been earmarked as the next Lionel
Messi, and was recently successfully courted by Liverpool’s Spanish boss Rafa Benitez.

Former Real Madrid star Michel, for one, has gone on record as saying that the 16-year-old made a mistake, while admonishing the Reds for their
opportunism.

“I was very surprised when Bruna left because he had been with us for three years and as soon as he was about to mature, Liverpool took him from us,” hissed the Real Madrid youth coach.

“That is what happens all the time in England. When they see someone they like, they just take him.

“They
sign the boy to a professional contract, make all sorts of promises and
then put him in their reserves and never give him a competitive game.

“How many young players taken by Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have actually played for their first team and how many have returned?”

Arsenal ace Cesc Fabregas is a sterling example of the ‘buy them young’ policy gone right, of course, while Gerard Pique is enjoying steady
developments under Sir Alex Ferguson’s expert tutelage, having been
snapped up from Barca's academies.

One would also be wise to keep in mind how many South American sides have levied the exact same accusations against Barcelona, Real Madrid and
the like. That fact of the matter is that clubs are powerless to do
anything if a player wishes to leave, be it Brazil for Spain, or
Spain's academies for England.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:13 pm

NEWS 0167753B
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:13 pm

teeeeeeeeee .. what do u know about this kid?? is he worth all this fuss?
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 4:35 pm

haha luv the avitar. no, i dont know anything about this kid, and i have never seen him play.. he is only 16 years old, id have to be a professional scout to know about him!!

speakin of the subject, do you know what to do if you wanna become a scout?!!
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 12:56 am

i never thought about it.... i guess for starters you must register/work for a club... and all you'd have to do is go around looking for young players that show potential and get them to sign for your club.

it simply requires an eye for potential and talent. if you can SEE this kid as having something none of the other kids have.. you contact him/his parents and get them to sign for your club. or maybe you just give that info to your club and the manager or someone else in charge would go after them to persuade them to sign for your club.

bottom line... it requires a lot of traveling... patience.. luck.. and asking around!

if ur living in argentina... i think that would be a pretty decent job.

and it doesnt have to be a club in your country; i.e you could be a scout for barca, and LIVE/WORK in argentina. scouts are normally specialized in certain countries. you wont find a scout traveling from argentina to brazil to mexico to america just to find players... he just sticks to one (or maybe two playces if in europe) and searches for players.
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:25 pm

what du think.. shall i make the move?!
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:34 pm

why not... do u have some players in mind that nobody knows about?
Back to top Go down
ahmad193
legend
legend
ahmad193

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:35 pm

give it a go ... see if you like it ... and if you're good at it

if the answers to both Qs were YES.. then you've got nothing to lose... go for it..
Back to top Go down
teee
bench warmer
bench warmer

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:58 am

too old to embark on a new career which is almost certainly doomed lol thanks for the support tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS   NEWS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next